Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Long weekend

The long holiday weekend helped me attempt to wrap up a few odds and ends around the house. I painted the hallway, which is the last of the painting extravaganza, and it looks quite nice. I also hung the door back on the bathroom so that I can trap some heat in there while showering and also offer my guests some privacy when they need it.

However, I ran into some trouble when putting the doors back on the bathroom vanity. The hinges are not the exact same fit as the previous hinges, so I either need to re-drill mounting holes on the frame, or slightly chisel out on the actual door. The old hinges are long gone in the trash, and I haven't decided which option to make the new ones work sucks the least, so I am presently door-less (and as a result, photo-less for the completed bathroom project--sorry, I know the suspense is killing you!).

Mom attempted to use the wax stripper on the living room floor, and after much scrubbing with little result, we decided it is not a worthwhile endeavor. So I rolled out a carpet that was in her garage and called it done for now. :)

Sunday I decided I was fed up with sitting on my bed for everything, and given the speed at which I am moving on selecting a contractor, it's going to be a while before I need to vacate for construction. Soooo, I decided I needed to bite the bullet and buy the loveseat I have chosen. It's small enough that I'm sure I can fit it in storage when construction time comes.

Off to Ikea Mom and I go with a list of a few items I seek. The loveseat was out of stock, so I bought the two chairs I was planning for the living room. I also bought a rug for the bedroom to try to take the chill off the floor, and a runner for the hallway for the same reason (also to cover up the floor that was second in line for the wax solvent process).

I'm quite pleased with the net results--the runner picks up the blue of the walls as well as the green bathroom tile that peeks out, and is much warmer on the tootsies, the rug for the bedroom makes it somewhat easier to get out of bed into the chill of my house, and the chairs are all that I was hoping they would be--small but chic. The best part is that all this stuff fit into my wee little car in one trip from Ikea. That was quite satisfying. Who needs an SUV when you have an A3?

No comments: