Monday, November 19, 2007

Paint, part II

I seriously love paint. It's instant gratification (mostly), and it's easily the cheapest way to spruce up a place.

I finally got around to painting the vanity and the trim in the bathroom, and it looks maaaaarvelous. I hate to admit it, but this trim painting experience wasn't quite as painful as the last one. My super-cheapo paint ($1/quart!) from the mis-mix bin at OSH went on like a dream (pics posted once I get the doors back on the cupboards).

I have made a major mental note to buy that brand again should I find myself needing to paint trim at any point in the future. I went ahead and painted the trim in the hallway too (while I had the active brush), and will be using the coming long weekend to do the ceiling and walls with some paint leftover from the condo. Nice and neutral, and most importantly, CLEAN and FRESH! And that will be the last of the mini-improvements until the big stuff starts.

My pansies made it through the week and are putting out lots of little blooms just as hoped. Something is eating them though, so I'll go out one evening this week on snail patrol (ick!).

Still waiting for the bid from a contractor who has been coming through with subs for the past 1-2 weeks. I've placed calls to two others recommended by Mrs Blanco and hopefully they will engage and whip out a quote in quick fashion. Right now, I'm tentatively planning to take the week between Christmas and New Year's off so that I can hunker down and do the planning with the designer/contractor of choice, and also go out and pick materials to refine the budget some more.

No comments: