Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hurdles

Well, yesterday was a rough day. Condo Buyer is late removing her financing contingency, which is making me late removing mine from the house. She was supposed to remove on Friday, then said maybe on Monday, and yesterday said it will not happen before next week, and oh, by the way, needs to push out the close of escrow by a week. eeeeeek!

Since I need the funds from the condo sale to buy the house, I cannot remove my financing contingency until she removes hers. This whole thing could implode if Condo Buyer is not able to perform in the end. House Agent is not very pleasant or cooperative, so Nora has worked some magic to get her to be patient and continue working with us by accepting extensions on the contingency removal and close of escrow.

Needless to say, I was rather distraught yesterday when this was all unfolding. At this moment, I am trying to wait patiently for the next step from Condo Buyer. It definitely made for a sleepless night.

No comments: