Sunday, August 26, 2007

Yard sale success

Yesterday a girlfriend who has recently moved and I held a yard sale to declutter and hopefully make a little cash while we're at it. It went really well--we each made at least $100 and the stuff that didn't sell was dropped off at Goodwill afterward. I'm pretty sure I'll have another one sometime after I unpack at the house and think "Why on earth did I move this?"

After a well-deserved burrito, we went and wandered Ikea for some budget-friendly design inspiration. Char has moved into a lower-cost rental than her last place with a plan to save aggressively to buy a house next year. She doesn't want to spend a lot of money decorating this place since the stuff may or may not be what she wants in a house of her own. Me, I'm fully aware that my couch is much too large for the layout of my new living room, but that I'm not going to have a lot of money for fine furnishings after doing extensive remodeling. We both left with some great ideas and little wish lists to be executed in due time.

All in all, it was an exhausting day, but well worth it.

No new news on the transaction front. My buyer indicated she'd be removing her contingency on Monday (even though the extension form was made out for Weds), so I hope we're back on track. Close of escrow has also been extended by 9 days on the condo and 13 days on the house, so I've taken a breather from packing this week, especially since I needed to prep for the yard sale. I'll renew my efforts starting today. Need to find a storage unit too....

No comments: