Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Finally...

The big day is finally here--I should get the keys to The Dump sometime this afternoon!

Too bad it's a Tuesday and I have lots of work to do this week so I can't go spend every waking minute at The Dump. However, I do plan to spend a few hours there everyday this week. My street's trash day is Friday and I'd like to have all the apples picked up by then so I have an empty can for the weekend.

I bought rubber gardening clogs at Target this weekend so I can fearlessly wade through the apples in shoes that I can hose off. They are pink, were on the clearance rack (sometimes it pays to have big feet) and I LOVE them and all that they represent.

This afternoon will probably involve a run to Home Depot to get some gardening tools/supplies. Yard work is pretty much all I can do on my own right now, but I think it won't take much to perk the place up a bit so that it looks a bit more respectable--clean up the apples, prune the jasmine, deadhead the roses, rake the gravel back into the driveway, pull weeds out of the driveway, pull out dead plants--that sort of thing. I may plant some bedding plants in the next few weeks just to give it a splash of color and the appearance of tidiness.

I'd like to get a couple contractors out there this week and get the big stuff going pronto, but with all the delays and uncertainty about when it was actually going to close, I haven't gotten any on the sched, so they may be all booked for the rest of the week at this point. We'll see!

In any event, I'm really glad to finally be moving on to the next chapter of this saga. More pictures (and way fewer words) to come later this week!

No comments: