Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Glad that's over

I'm SO glad to have the first part of the moving experience behind me. It was so traumatic, I couldn't even write about it for 24 hours. I selected quite possibly the WORST moving company imaginable--they were late, had limited English skills, didn't have the requested packing material, and here's the capper: took 90 minuted to travel 25 miles at a non-peak traffic hour. It was a horribly frustrating, expensive experience. But it's behind me. All my worldly possessions are contained in a 10'x12' room for the duration of this process. I thought I'd be clever and arrange it so that I could access boxes if needed. Not so much. Not a big deal...

I signed all the paperwork yesterday, so now I'm just waiting for the money to do it's dance so that I can relinquish one set of keys for another. Then the fun really begins!

Speaking of fun, I swung by the house after the moving ordeal on Monday and the lock is STILL on the shed. Nora says the listing agent told her that she won't remove it until close of escrow is complete. I sure hope there isn't a pile of "fun" waiting for me in there. I have no idea why they would want to keep that locked up unless they are hiding something in there. Oh well. Time will tell, I guess. I'll have a big dumpster parked in my driveway at some point, so I'll dispose of anything then if necessary.

Stay tuned for some more photos after the weekend. :)

No comments: