Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Painting trim

If I ever offer to help you paint, for the sake of our friendship and the sake of your desired outcome, do not hand me a brush and point to endless miles of trim. Vast expanses of walls and/or ceilings done with a roller--no problemo!

For as much as I love the way a fresh coat of paint changes a place (such an inexpensive upgrade!), and as much as I love rolling it onto walls, I HATE painting trim. That's probably because I'm a HORRIBLE trim painter as I rediscovered last night. I'm so horrible, I almost bagged it to leave half the baseboards primer white, especially since the room is going to be gutted in 6-9 months.

I struggled through it and got the job done. I'll hang the curtain tonight and will consider the little bedroom good to go. It looks pretty darn cute, truth be told.

I'm planning on camping there tonight so that I can finish the bathroom trim (ugh!). Photos tomorrow for sure.

No comments: