Friday, October 26, 2007

Wish I'd been faster with the camera

Knowing how dirty the bathtub was (who am I kidding..knowing how dirty the ENTIRE house was), I should have known the pipes were not likely to be any better. I REALLY should have known this after I'd showered there the first time and was up to my ankles in water. But I snaked the drain and had no progress, so I assumed the pipes were just slow due to their age.

However, in a brilliant flash of wisdom this past weekend, I thought I'd try to "fix" the stopper to the tub, thinking maybe it's not fully open and that's causing the slow draining. I went from slow drain to no drain. Fearing I'd broken it in the stoppered position, I called a plumber.

He looked at it and said that it was simply clogged and proceeded to snake it. He spent 20 minutes snaking that bad boy and pulled out a hairball the size of a small rodent. I went running through the house to get the outside garbage can and tried not to puke. Unfortunately, I was not thinking clearly enough to go get the camera and so it went into the trash with no documentation.

He also replaced the diverter so that my shower head fully engages and I had a very satisfactory shower experience this morning. My bathroom is now officially fully functioning with no hiccups.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Nasty. When Chris and I moved into our last apartment he fished around in the drain with a coat hanger and pulled out something he calls the "mucus covered squirrel." So glad I wasn't home. Apparently he only barely didn't vomit.