Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rocking and Rolling!

So, I'm chilling at home with some vino, watching Grey's Anatomy on my computer when I should be doing something like, hmmmm....repairing the gaping hole in my hallway wall that had previously been covered with cheap wood paneling when there was that telltale earthquake sound (combo of thump and a massive house creaking). Only this wasn't a one shot deal, this one was a roller that lasted several seconds.

The Dump was wobbling, but it didn't fall down. Thank goodness since earthquake insurance is really expensive, so I opted out of it. :)

The geek in me loves this site that details all the recent earthquake activity. It usually has a bunch of little freckles all over it, but this time it revealed a massive box covering the south bay area. 5.6--not too shabby! The map reveals that there have already been a number of eeeny-weeny aftershocks in the same area. I didn't feel those since I'm some 25-30 miles away from the epicenter.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the black cat that was sitting on my doorstep this evening....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too went to the USGS site immediately after last night's quake. That is, immediately after I convinced my East Coast boy that we were not moving ;)